I'm a decidedly plus-sized American woman living abroad in China, wearing clothes, and trying my hand at fatshion blogging.
Grey - 2 facts about my favorite things
1. I’ve seen well over 100 musicals live, but I haven’t seen one performed in six years now.
2. Dracula, Lestat, and Dance of the Vampires are the vampire musicals that I have seen performed. I like vampire musicals
Yellow - 7 facts about my childhood
1. I was born in Connecticut, but moved to Maine in fifth grade.
2. My best friend’s name was (and still is) Rebecca.
3. I met her in seventh grade. I was obsessed with Star Trek to the point where I didn’t really talk about anything else. I heard a rumor that there was a girl it the school who had red hair and liked Star Trek too, so I very diligently asked every red head at my middle school if they were Star Trek fans until I found the right one. The next day she brought me a folder filled with fan fic she had written.
4. I lived with my grandma for two years when I first moved to Maine.
5. I never really had friends before middle school., but my high school social life was fantastic.
6. Before moving to Maine there was this tree in my backyard that I used to walk in circles around for hours and hours on end every day. It worried my mom a lot. I was day dreaming. It was sort of a weird thing to do, looking back on it.
7. My favorite movies as a little kid were Little Shop of Horrors, Labyrinth, the Princess Bride, and Mary Poppins. They were also, notably, the only movies I would watch. Ever. For years. That hasn’t changed much. I still only have about ten movies that I turn on during those rare times when I feel like watching a movie, and the first three listed are still on my rotation.
Blue - nine facts about my family
1. My grandma on my dad’s side had 18 children. 11 were adopted, and 7 were biological.
2. My parents separated when I was in fifth grade, and divorced when I was in seventh grade.
3. I have about a gazillion cousins.
4. My grandma on my mom’s side was very very catholic.
5. I went to the same all female catholic college that my grandma graduated from, mostly because she was very insistent that I do that.
6. My step dad is a really cool person.
7. I have a younger sister.
8. My dad died three years ago, in the most dramatic way possible. I think about it a lot.
9. My dad is probably the family member that I’m most similar too.
Purple = ten facts about my room
1. My housemate got the master bedroom (because it has an attached western toilet, and he can’t figure out how to use Chinese ones), and I got two small bedrooms as a result.
2. One of my small bedrooms is really cute and girly and pink.
3. The other one is kind of a mess right now,
4. I’m using the one that is kind of a mess.
5. When I was in high school my bedroom included a cardboard Borg that I dressed up to look like the character Pearl from Starlight Express.
6. My dresser is too small. Or maybe I have too many dresses.
7. I want to buy a new quilt.
8. I might try to decorate my living space more next year.
9. There is really nothing ornamental in the room I sleep in.
10. In college my room was decorated with theatre posters. Maybe I will buy some in America this summer, and decorate my entire house with them.
11. I’m not sure though, because I’ve left all of my theatre stuff in my mother’s attic in America for the last six years under the assumption that I’m going to eventfully live in the states again, and if I start bringing theatre stuff here maybe that will mean I’m not leaving.